It's really important to find a good butcher you can depend on.
I use a local butcher that I've built a relationship with because he has a direct line to premium cuts of meat that I can't find at a Sams or Costco etc...
I make a point to talk to the owner.
Most of these shops are individually owned and the person ordering, cutting, and selling the meat is one in the same.
First I explain to the butcher what I'm looking for, be it Fresh Boston Butts or C.A.B. Brisket, or Contest Cut Ribs.
I make sure that he understands that I'm looking for Quality Meat not a "deal".
Let him know that you want the best quality meat that he can order and ask him to see some of his current stock.
I explain to him what goal I'm trying to achieve and how important the meat is to me from start to finish. You will find that most butchers are willing to listen and eager to help you find the exact product you want.
|The Perfect Slab Of Ribs
- Ribs Competition-Style Recipe
- St. Louis vs. Baby Backs
- Finding a good butcher
- Secrets and tips - RIBS
|Slow-Smoked Pork Perfection
- Slow-Smoked Pork Butt Method
- Choosing your Shoulder or Butt
- Secrets and tips - Pulled Pork
- Shoulders for BBQ Contest Video
|How To Cook A Whole Hog
- How To Cook A Whole Hog
- 9 Steps To Cook A Whole Hog
- How We Trim Our Hog
- 7 Tips For Cooking a Whole Hog
- Injection Recipe and Video
|Award-Winning Brisket Method
- Competition-Style Beef Brisket
- How To Trim A Brisket Video
- Brisket Injection Recipe
- Beef Brisket Recipe and Method
- Brisket Cooking Tips
- Brisket Burnt Ends Recipe
|The BEST BBQ Chicken Recipe
- My Best BBQ Chicken Recipe
- Video BBQ Chicken Recipe
- Competition BBQ Sauce Recipe
- The Memphis In May Experience
- Get Started In Competition BBQ
- Competition BBQ Networks
- Building A Blind Box for KCBS
- Competition BBQ Events
- BBQ Cooking Time Line
|Grills and Equipment
- How to Build a UDS Smoker
- Smoker Facts and Tips
- Choosing the perfect Grill
- Equipment and Accessories
|More BBQ Recipes...
- Complete List of Grilling & Smoking Recipes
- BBQ Video Recipes
- How to achieve perfect BBQ texture
- The BBQ Blog Recipes and Tips
**We don't sell your information or send you anything aside from emails from me - about BBQ