This is my favorite hot wing recipe. You can use either fresh or frozen wing sections or whole wings. If the wings are frozen, thaw the wings overnight in the fridge. A good tip here is to leave the wings in their original bag but place them in a large bowl because they will leak.
Now… it’s time to marinate.
Wings marinaded, seasoned and ready to grill
Recipe for 4lbs. of Chicken Wing Sections or Whole Wings
Place the Chicken Wings in a Large Zip Lock bag and pour the marinade over them. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours. I like to leave them in the marinade overnight if possible.
Next remove the chicken wings from the marinade and place on wire racks to drain excess liquid. Now it's time to season.
I cook the wings on a Weber kettle grill over direct heat. You don't want a really hot fire because the wings will burn before cooking through.
"Dry Rub Hot Wings"
I start with a half charcoal chimney and spread them out evenly on the bottom grate. Open the bottom vent to allow air to flow and use the top vent to control the heat. I cook with the top vent in the half open position.
The wings cook in about 12-15 minutes turning every 3 - 4 of minutes.
Half way through the cooking I baste the wings with a mixture of ½ Hot Sauce, ½ Butter. Just mop it on or dip the wings into it.
To finish the wings and give them a true “dry rub” taste, give them a light coat of Killer Hogs BBQ Rub at the very end. You can always use your own, homemade BBQ rub if you like.
These wings are great at a party but you'll want to cook several bags because they will go fast..
...10 minutes later
|The Perfect Slab Of Ribs
- Ribs Competition-Style Recipe
- St. Louis vs. Baby Backs
- Finding a good butcher
- Secrets and tips - RIBS
|Slow-Smoked Pork Perfection
- Slow-Smoked Pork Butt Method
- Choosing your Shoulder or Butt
- Secrets and tips - Pulled Pork
- Shoulders for BBQ Contest Video
|How To Cook A Whole Hog
- How To Cook A Whole Hog
- 9 Steps To Cook A Whole Hog
- How We Trim Our Hog
- 7 Tips For Cooking a Whole Hog
- Injection Recipe and Video
|Award-Winning Brisket Method
- Competition-Style Beef Brisket
- How To Trim A Brisket Video
- Brisket Injection Recipe
- Beef Brisket Recipe and Method
- Brisket Cooking Tips
- Brisket Burnt Ends Recipe
|The BEST BBQ Chicken Recipe
- My Best BBQ Chicken Recipe
- Video BBQ Chicken Recipe
- Competition BBQ Sauce Recipe
- The Memphis In May Experience
- Get Started In Competition BBQ
- Competition BBQ Networks
- Building A Blind Box for KCBS
- Competition BBQ Events
- BBQ Cooking Time Line
|Grills and Equipment
- How to Build a UDS Smoker
- Smoker Facts and Tips
- Choosing the perfect Grill
- Equipment and Accessories
|More BBQ Recipes...
- Complete List of Grilling & Smoking Recipes
- BBQ Video Recipes
- How to achieve perfect BBQ texture
- The BBQ Blog Recipes and Tips